- Jan: Lessons learned from mistakes have always stuck around in my memories the longest. [link]
- Feb: …most definitely not waking up to discover an empty bottle of vodka, a half empty bottle of rum, and that strange feeling that you’re still not quite sober at noon*. [link]
- Mar: I’ve opened a bottle of Italian Merlot and I’ll try to write this post. [link]
- Apr: No text. Just a video. [link]
- May: Pyth suggested in a comment to a previous post that it may not be a terrible idea to vent/talk about my personal experience with self-injury. [link]
- Jun: I’ve never experienced sexual assault. [link]
- Jul: I’m not quite sure if adding “feminism” to my Google Alerts was a good idea. [link]
- Aug: Everyone I’ve talked to today has been practically orgasming over the temperature today and I’d really like to know why. [link]
- Sept: I spent most of today sitting around at the UofT Clubs Fair handing out cards advertising Unspecified Club Where I’m an Exec (UCWIE). [link]
- Oct: Last week, I got to run through the immunocytochemistry protocol I’ll be using from dissecting out the tissue to taking pretty fluorescent pictures and, as can be expected of most first attempts, I failed completely (OK, maybe not completely as I did get one cell that looked like it could be usable data, but pretty damn close). [link]
- Nov: J.B. Handley has decided that his organization aimed at peddling dangerous pseudoscience about vaccines didn’t make him enough of an asshole, so he decided that go for the tried and true way of proving douchebaggery: misogyny. [link]
- Dec: J’ai toujours fait une prière à Dieu, qui est fort courte. [link]
Archive for the ‘meme’ Category
Apparently, I got tagged twice for a meme by DuWayne and Toaster. I’m supposed to list 15 books that have stuck with me or influenced me and I’m supposed to do this in under 15 minutes. Unlike the two jokers that tagged me, I actually managed to play by the rules.
- The Land of Oz – L. Frank Baum
- Metamorphoses – Ovid
- The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat – Oliver Sacks
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
- Dune – Frank Herbert
- The Demon Haunted World – Carl Sagan
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being – Milan Kundera
- The Myth of Sysiphus – Albert Camus
- The Plague – Albert Camus
- The Harry Potter series – JK Rowling
- The Lord of the Rings – JRR Tolkien
- The Silmarillion – JRR Tolkien
- Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
- Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, Phaedo – Plato
- The Tombs of Atuan – Ursula K. Le Guin
UPDATE: There were never any typos and spelling mistakes here. NEVER. YOU WILL FORGET ABOUT EVER SEEING ANYTHING OF THAT SORT.
I got tagged by Eugenie!
a) Put your MP3 player, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle
b) For each question, press the next button to get your answer
c) YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS
d) Tag at least 5 people
e) Everyone tagged has to do the same thing
f) Have Fun!
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS ‘ARE YOU OKAY’ YOU SAY?
“Does He Love You?” (Rilo Kiley)
I’m a bitch like that…
2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
“After, In the Dark” (Yoko Kanno)
Sure I’ll describe myself…After in the dark
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
“Almost Crimes” (Broken Social Scene)
At least I don’t go for people with actual crimes, right?
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
“Friends Will Be Friends” (Queen)
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
“When the War Came” (The Decemberists)
6. WHAT’S YOUR MOTTO?
“You’re the Reason I’m Leaving” (Franz Ferdinand)
Blame everything on others: best strategy ever or bestest strategy ever?
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
“For the Price of a Cup Tea” (Belle & Sebastian)
8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
“60 Revolutions” (Gogol Bordello)
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
“I Slept with Bonhomme at the CBC” (Broken Social Scene)
This is a stuff of nightmares. In case you have no clue, here’s a Google image search of Bonhomme
10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
“Sunshine” (Regina Spektor)
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
“Good Day Sunshine” (The Beatles)
12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
“Kesenai Tsumi/Inerasable Sin” (Nana Kitade)
A bit harsh ;_;
13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
“Natalie and Effie in the Park” (Of Montreal)
14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
“Pancakes for One” (Of Montreal)
15. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
“Ghost City” (Kenji Kawai)
16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
“Thoughts of a Dying Atheist” (Muse)
This is somehow magically appropriate
17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
“Interception” (Kenji Kawai)
18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
“Pierrot the Clown” (Placebo)
Clowns are scary. Mmmkay.
19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
“In My Room” – The Last of the Shadow Puppets
20. WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW?
“Dreaming Man” – Neko Case
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
“Falling Through Your Clothes” (The New Pornographers)
22. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
“Carrot Loves You, Yeah!” (Megumi Nakajima)
~Complete meme and post.
~Email the person who tagged you to let them know it’s up.
~Tag 5 others and email/comment to tell them so.
5 things I was doing 10 years ago: (I was 10! How am I supposed to remember this?)
1. Playing Pokemon
2. Collecting Pokemon cards
3. Adjusting to my new school
4. Starting to think chemistry was cool
5. Not doing my homework -_-
5 things on my To-Do List Today
1. Finish slides for Monday presentation
2. Get through at least 4 of the 20 articles I need to read
3. Finish introduction for the lab report I have due on Monday
4. Try to download the results of my microarray lab
5. Get more than 6 hours of sleep
5 snacks I love:
1. Dry crushed ramen noodles with a bit of the seasoning sprinkled in
2. Dark chocolate M&Ms
5. Ketchup chips
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. I’d stop worrying about money
2. Travel. I’ve never been to Europe (excluding Russia) for more than 2 days.
3. Own more cats
4. Donate what I can to interesting research
5. Buy a place to live, preferably not a house.
5 places I’ve lived:
1. Leningrad/St. Petersburg, Russia
2. Rehovot, Israel
3. Some kibbutz in Israel
4. Toronto, Canada
5. Suburb of Toronto
5 jobs I’ve had:
1. Worked at the Art Gallery of Ontario keeping little kids from swallowing beads and eating plastacine
2. Tutoring grade school science and math
3. Intern at a Clinical Research Organization, doing bitch-work and playing solitaire
4. Research Assistant in a Developmental Psych Lab (where I realised that all the cool psych stuff in the world could not compensate for a lack of cool bio)
5. Research Assistant in statistics at Clinical Research Organization
5 people I’ll tag:
😦 I’m not sure I could manage 5 people, so I won’t even try 😛