I know it looks like a bloody massacre, but we made delicious delicious strawberry pie for Pi Day.
The crust is the same as the one for the pineapple pie
- 1.5 lbs strawberries (sliced)
- juice from half an orange
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup of water
- Mix sliced strawberries, orange juice, honey, sugar, water, and vanilla. Let sit for 1 hour in the fridge
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
- Drain the liquid from the strawberry mixture into a sauce pan.
- Heat the liquid on medium heat and add cornstarch. Mix until it dissolves and forms goop.
- Lay the strawberries down in the pie crust and pour the strawberry goop on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the crust has browned.